Welcome Back to Our Periodontal Office
May 18, 2020
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- We ask that patients remain in their cars outside the office & call us when they arrive for their appointment. We will contact you by phone to let you know that we are prepared to see you.
- We ask that your loved ones & companions remain outside the office during your treatment so as not to expose them & other patients unnecessarily. Exceptions can be made for those patients requiring assistance to & from the dental office.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you enter the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area. We will also be taking temperatures of everyone entering the office.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- If you have a face mask, please wear it to the office. If not, one will be provided for you.
- Please bring your own pen with you so that we can uphold the “no-contact” order as much as possible.
Please remember that maintaining optimal oral hygiene is even more critical in times of stress or medical challenge. Periodontal disease is a chronic infection of the gums & surrounding tissue. There is a direct link to periodontal disease and certain medical conditions such as cardiovascular disease and high blood pressure. While there is no direct evidence connecting oral infection to COVID-19, we do know that the highest number of coronavirus infections occurred with patients of complicated or underlying health conditions. Logic suggests that better oral health supports better general health including infection-fighting ability. We will also be offering tele-dentistry services.
As we stated earlier, we have been using and practicing many of the high standards & recommendations in infection control long before the onset of COVID-19. Since the onset of COVID-19 we have instituted even greater infection control protocols to ensure your safety and that of our Doctors and Staff.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 425-747-7007.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Drs. Anderegg, Thomas & Staff
Anderegg & Thomas
Your choice for periodontal care and dental implants
Thank you for choosing our practice to provide your dental care. Our goal is to offer the highest quality of periodontal care available: dental implants, gum surgery, pyorhhea, gum disease, periodontal plastic surgery, cracked tooth, immediate implants and more. We have created this web site in order for you to get acquainted with us, find directions to the office, learn a little about periodontics and our services. You can download the forms we will need from you as a patient as well as specific instructions we provide for your care.
Contact us to set up an appointment.